1lb Sablefish fillet (cut into 3-4 pcs)
1/4 cup mirin
1/4 cup sake
1/2 cup white miso paste
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1. On medium heat add mirin and sake to a small pot and bring to a boil.
2. Whisk in miso until smooth and then turn heat to high and add sugar. Stir until sugar fully dissolves. Set aside to cool.
3. Pat sablefish with paper towels to remove any moisture and place in a large zip lock bag. Pour the marinade inside the bag, seal and set aside in the refrigerator overnight or for 2 days max.
4. When you’re ready to cook, Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
5. Pat sablefish with a paper towel to remove excess marinade.
6. Heat an oven safe skillet on high and add olive oil. Place your fish skin side down and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Flip the fish and place the whole skillet in the oven for about 8 minutes.
8. Serve fish with your favorite grilled veggies and garnish with pickled ginger.