1 lb Steelhead Trout (skinless; cut into 8 portions)
1 bottle of Santa Monica Seafood Spicy Asian Apricot Barbecue Sauce
1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
1 tsp. pure sesame seed oil
8-10 sprigs of fresh Cilantro
1 ea English Cucumber (thinly sliced)
1 ea Carrot (shredded)
1 ea Red Onion (thinly sliced)
1 ea Scallion (sliced length wise)
8 ea Bao Buns (you find this in the freezer section at your local Asian market or try this awesome step by step recipe by Eat Little Bird (https://eatlittlebird.com/steamed-bao-buns/)
- Move your rack up to 8" from the top of the oven and set your broiler on high.
- In a bowl, add Steelhead Trout, 3 tablespoons of Santa Monica Seafood's Spicy Asian Apricot Barbecue Sauce, sesame seeds, pure sesame seed oil and a pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Mix coating all sides.
- Place Steelhead Trout on a lined baking sheet and broil in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, make sure your Bao Buns are warm and soft by either re-steaming it or placing it in the microwave for a few seconds with a warm damp cloth on top.
- Place fish inside the Bao Buns and top with sliced onions, carrots, cucumber, scallions and cilantro. Drizzle more Spicy Asian Apricot Barbecue Sauce on top of the layered vegetable and herbs or simply dip on the side.