February is American Heart Month. EAT YOUR WAY (Deliciously) to a healthier heart! Did you know that seafood is the primary source of health promoting long chained omega-3’s that studies have shown to be good for the heart?
Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
* Decreases triglycerides which causes the risk of stroke and heart failure
* Lowers blood pressure
* Reduces blood clots by keeping blood platelets from clumping together
* Raises “good” HDL Cholesterol levels
* Prevents plaque that can restrict and harden your arteries
* Reduces irregular heartbeats
* Reduces the production of some substances released during your body’s inflammatory response
…so many good things for your body and brain, right?!
We’ve put together a list of our top favorite seafood recommendations and flavorful recipes that you can easily make and enjoy at home. Our Seafood Specialists are here to help answer any questions. Stop by our Markets and give your heart what it craves!