2 Catfish Fillets
2 rolls of choice
1 ½ cup cornmeal
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasonings
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp Tabasco
Salt and black pepper
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 jar of Santa Monica Seafood Tartar Sauce
1 Butter lettuce
- Combine cornmeal, flour, Old Bay Seasoning, and garlic in a dish and lightly mix.
- In a separate dish, add buttermilk, Tabasco, a pinch of salt and black pepper and whisk.
- In a non-stick skillet add vegetable oil and heat on high.
- Bread fish by dipping it in the seasoned buttermilk and then into the cornmeal mix. Add to the hot skillet.
- Cook for about 3 minutes and then flip cooking about another 2-3 minutes until cooked. Place cooked fish on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- On your roll of choice, add Santa Monica Seafood Tartar Sauce at the base, then layer with lettuce, fish, and tomatoes.